Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oliver $ is money.



Oliver $ is a Producer/DJ hailing from Berlin, Germany. About two months ago I bought a record by Consistent. Not knowing who he was, and loving all his tracks, I decided to myspace him and get more info. Turns out that Consistent is a collaborative effort by several Producers in Berlin.

G: Why do you play music?
O: The best motivation is my love of music. I live it and love it.

G: How did you get your DJ name?
O: Originally a promoter made a spelling mistake, instead of putting S for Siebert he put a $ sign and it stuck from there.

G: You go under several different monikers, Oliver $ and Consistent, why?
O: Consistent is a collective of DJ’s and producers in Berlin that I am part of so when you see a Consistent release it doesn’t mean it has been just produced by me but when you see an Oliver $ release that is 100% just me.

G: Do you have a favorite place to spin?
O: My favourite spot has to be Panorama Bar in Berlin where I have my residency.

G: What is the criteria of a good track for you?
O: Fat beats, good groove and something that works in a club.

G: Which one track that you produced would stand out for you?
O: Hotflash was a real break through track for me and my first collaboration with Jesse Rose “Wake Up” was my first production on Made to Play which is the label I have produced exclusively on to date.



G: What is a successful track to you monetarily, numbers sold, reaction?
O: The success is in the reaction of the audience and the listeners, I’m in for the love not the money.

G: What do you think of the state of house music in the World?
O: I think it’s a good time for house music at the moment, a lot of flavors running through it and great scenes going on especially in places like Berlin.

You can get more info on Oliver $ at www.myspace.com/oliverdollar. Also, there's a mix from Oliver at http://madetoplayagency.net/.





adios amigos,

Greg K

No comments:

Post a Comment