Friday, May 22, 2009

William Harris Lee & Co., Inc.

Last month, I was in the fine arts building wondering around, wasting time. It was a Saturday. I saw this sign that said William Harris and Lee & Co. It was above the door and looked as if it was from way back in time. Then I noticed that there were cellos and violins inside. My curiosity got the best of me and I walked in. There was a gentleman, can't remember his name, that asked me if I needed any help. I told him I just wanted to look around. He asked "Do you want a tour?" which I jumped on it right away. I was introduced to Jonathan Reimann, a calm well spoken gent. He took us around and showed us all the stuff that they were making. It was like going into a time machine and being thrown into the 18th century. Violins everywhere, old, new, shiny, half done, you name it, they have it. It was a very pleasant adventure and all the people there were friendly. A good date spot. Later, I asked Jonathan if I could film him. He agreed. I came by the next week and shot this video.

later gator,
Greg K

8 comments:

  1. DOPE SHYT.... STR8 PRO'SI KNOW SOME PEEPS THAT HAD SUM REPAIRS THERE.. I HERD NEVER BEEN...
    ............................ANGELONERZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work LaManza...very fascinating. I love music, and instruments like the violin and cello have so much history and live within them. Thanks for posting this. Our repair shop at Chicago Music Exchange is run by two trained Luthiers and some of the pieces they've refinished date back well into the 1800's.
    ______________________________________
    www.ChicagoMusicRepair.comwww.ChicagoMusicExchange.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! I have an antique violin in need of repair...I may bring it in here.

    Thanks Greg!

    p

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Dan, music history fascinates me, although, i have to confess i haven't read up on it too much. Hi P, Jonathan is the guy to talk to.

    greg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Job!!No words...

    ReplyDelete